Tuesday, June 30, 2009

HELP! ...and clutter on the brain.

have you ever been so overwhelmed that your brain literally feels like it will explode? that's me right now. so i must write down these thoughts to pull them out of my brain and clear the clutter. i am a person who can not stand clutter. time to clean out the closet.

ok, so between my husbands job opportunities, summer break fun for the kids, doc visits for my oldest, bills, a huge church calling, and having four children and their schedules, i'm feeling a little thinnly spread. i know this is how most poeple live these days, but i hate it. it makes me feel like a tightly stretched rubber band. and we all know what happens to the rubberband...it snaps. sometimes it snaps and only breaks itself, but other times that rubberband can hit, possibly break other objects, while flying in the path of self destruction. yes, this may sound dramatic, but then...I AM!! so the question is ...how do i avoid "snapping?"

i was talking to my mom the other day...really unloading these thoughts onto her. (love you mom:) but she told me some good advice. stepping outside of your self and taking a good look at what's really important allows yourself to be put in charge of YOU again. not the other way around. ok so, what comes first. basically look at your priorities and put them in order. i usually do this. but when i get bombarted by life and its little details, my brain suddenly feels like quitting, or shutting down. i start to feel inadequate, sorry for my self, and emotional!! i cry, in other words. i cry over the stupidest things. am i alone in feeling this way? surely not.

ok, so i actually visualized myself stepping outside of my body and looking at my life from an outsiders point of veiw. it was liberating to say the least. "wow, great hair by the way, val!!"
ok, so looking at myself and my obligations, i realized I was the only one adding pressure on myself. i was expecting ME to handle EVERYTHING perfectly and in a timely manner.

whoa...back up there vallie girl... way to much pressure. why was i doing this to myself? just because i had added to my calendar, i added pressure to myself. it went hand in hand. did i mention i am chlostrophobic? i think when i see my calendar fill up, it clutters my head and thus i add pressure to myself to eliminate those clutters as quickly as possible. make sense? well, i don't know exactly how to fix the problem, because i must write things down or i will forget, but when i write them down it overwhelms me. the olny thing that i remember that my mom told me that really stuck is... i'm the "BOSS", of myself that is. i control my life to a major degree. if i'm overwhelmed, take charge and eliminate the clutter. most importantly though, i am NOT alone, either. i have a family. and i just taught the little nursery children about why Heavenly Father gave us families. it was for us to have HELP! so to my husband... i said"Help!" and you know what? he did! my mom helped, my husband, and children, even family and friends on facebook helped.

life happens, but we don't have to let it take over us. we take charge. and ask for HELP!!!
thank you mom, willie, kids and family friends, you know who you are!!! most of all, thank you Jesus Christ, my friend and savior for allowing these burdens be lifted from me and for helping me carry them through the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment