Sunday, October 25, 2009

primary program parts

this year for our primary presentation, my boys were given assignments. the over all theme was "my eternal family."here is what my boys wrote as they were to come up with a bit on the subjects that they were given.

Austin was to talk about baptism. this is what he wrote: "Baptism is the first ordinance of the gospel. by following my baptismal covenants baptism strengthens me and my family to have faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus. it teaches me to help others with their burdens and sorrows. my family gets closer and stronger in the spirit as we obey and keep this covenant."

Collier had to write his own 2 min talk. his topic was repentance. this is what he wrote: "repentance strengthens my family. i know repentance can strengthen my family. it helps us grow with the spirit. the Lord wants us to repent so we can reunite with him in heaven. the second principle of the gospel is repentance because it is important. i have a personal experience of repentance strengthening me. i was fighting with my brother, Austin before going to church one morning. i hurt m brother badly, which made my parents mad. once we got to church, i repented of what i did. after i repented, i felt stronger and better. after church, my brother apologized to me and i said i was sorry to him for hurting him and for starting the fight. that is my experience of repenting. i know that if repenting can strengthen me, it can strengthen my family. i say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

my boys wrote these by themselves. i was amazed at the simple truths they bore as they spoke those words today. i learn so much from watching them grow in the spirit. i am so proud of them and so humble that i get the opportunity to teach them and witness the Lord in their sweet little growing lives. what a blessing to see the evidence of our Savior Jesus in their everyday living. Collier told me today that he loved giving his talk because he had felt warm inside while saying it. he said he knew he was speaking the truth because he had felt the spirit. it made me fell like they were getting ready for their missions by stepping on one stepping stone at a time. what an awesome thing to see. my two boys standing for something right and good. and then sharing what they know. i was so proud in a very humble sort of way. i got to see bits and pieces, today, of the men they will become tomorrow.

thank you Collier and Austin for sharing our sweet simple testimonies. i love you both so much. what great examples you both are and will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment