Saturday, May 8, 2010

for my MOTHERS on mother's day.....

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed some one's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley-

To my mothers on Mother's Day...thank you for being such great examples of strong women in these latter-days. Thank you for your testimonies and faith shared with us throughout our lives together. Thank you for your unconditional love, guidance and support throughout our toughest moments in life. Thank you for laughter, stories and memories that fill our hearts and souls. Thank you for our lasting impressions upon us and the women you have become. We look up to you as does our sons and daughter. We are truly grateful to know you and to have been a part of you and your lives. We love you and wish you the best on this Mother's Day.--Valerie and Willie

No comments:

Post a Comment