Thursday, July 9, 2009

lesson learned...

i learned a lesson last week. as i was reminded of our countries sacrifices and courage at the beginning of its birth, a lesson had slithered its way into my conscious mind. i would like to share that lesson with you. here it is...

the sacrifices that the men and women gave in the fight for our Independence back in 1776 had struck a cord with me personally. the amount of courage that it required these new patriots to accomplish these much needed sacrifices was endless. to the point, they died for the cause of freedom. this courage was the strongest example of god's love and presence in our lives, next to the two most important: our Savior's atonement, Crucifixion and Ascension, and our Prophet Joseph Smith, who was called to restore The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. no two events in history required as much faith, courage and strength to carry out a heavy calling as these two did. they each required God's hand in it personally to be carried through.

i feel the countries freedoms was the next major event that required God's hand directly. it needed to absolutely happen to allow for the restoration to take place. but this is just the skeleton to the lesson. i learned through those three examples that praying to God for the righteous desired outcome of freedom was I'm sure the most popular prayer at the time. but the prayer that was more worthy (i feel) was the prayer that was asked in faith that they received the courage and strength to endure the trials of the times. sure they all wanted to live to see the day we became a free nation under God, but they knew some would not. and if the cost was their life, they knew they needed the courage and strength to endure the trial until the cup passed from them and the burden lifted. what a heavy burden.

my burdens today look nothing like those of my ancestors. i feel somewhat like i cheated or skipped the race to the finish line. sure the stresses of life really can scare me and bring me down, but they so far have not required my life as cost to live this free life. (something i would most gladly give) if i apply the prayer from that lesson learned, i will pray not to see the destination of my righteous desires, but to have the courage and strength to endure the trials called upon me to carry. that i may carry it well until the cup has passed from me and my burdens lifted. as I'm sure the patriots knew their Savior was there to help them carry these heavy burdens, i too know that He is there to help me carry my heavy burdens. i can attest and stand as a witness to that. i have felt the burdens actually been lifted from my shoulders, i have felt the love and peace, most of all i have relished in the sweet mercies given unconditionally to me from Him.

in short: pray for the strength to endure life's trial to the best of your abilities, as well as praying for your righteous desired destinations. it makes all the difference in how you live while waiting for those prayers to be answered. it's God's time, we don't know how long it might take... ha ha . the best we can do is endure that waiting time as best and as happy as we can. may God bless you and may you walk with your Savior always.

No comments:

Post a Comment